Friday, September 22, 2006

SNL Makes Its Cuts

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/70049401

Now, why would they cut Finesse and Horatio and leave Keenan? Keenan's unfunniness and lack of any kind of versatility has been a thorn in SNL's side, and was the biggest damper to SNL's promising comeback season last year. Now, Chris Parnell I can understand because he's not particular funny or comedically intuitive. And he's been fired from the show before. But I can't believe that they would cut Finesse before Keenan, and leave Keenan as Lorne's token black member. I love SNL and I've been loyal to it for most of my life, but I would bring bland old Tim Meadows back before leaving Keenan on this show. Keenan, how do I put this eloquently...SUCKS.

In other news, good for Seth Meyers taking Tina Fey's place on Weekend Update, though it was pretty clear that he would be her replacement after they announced he was promoted to head writer. The only downside is that he's going to be in fewer skits with Weekend Update being his primary focus.

Set your Tivos... Dane Cook (w/The Killers) hosts SNL's season premiere on Sept. 30th!