Tuesday, June 8, 2004

I'm back!
I'm sitting here, sipping some Johnny Walker Blue Label from the Duty Free Shop, glad to be home. Not so glad to see my credit card bill waiting for me on the table, but nevertheless, I love that our place smells like a different Glades scent in every room. And I love not feeling sticky anymore.

This will be the last drink I have before my birthday party on Saturday, as having spent a week and a half in a country where everything is either fried or cooked in lard or fried in lard has made my body resent me like an albino love child that I keep locked up in my attic. Er...a hypothetical albino love child that I keep locked up in the attic. I mean.

I plan to detox all week with green tea and fresh fruits and veggies so I stop getting winded just by looking at stairs.

I've noticed something today, as the sun travels through Gemini and the lot of us celebrate birthdays. I've noticed that a lot of geminis have a lot of friends of the opposite sex. My cousin B has a freakin' harem of girls but they are all truly and literally, just friends. And he treats them chivalrously. My roomie Brian has a hoard of girls and you could argue that, well, you would expect that he would be surrounded by a hoard of girls. But I tend to have a lot of male friends that are just that, with neither history nor intention of moving into anything more, and it seems that I could give many examples of other geminis I know who also have an unusually large number of strictly platonic friends of the opposite sex.

So in examining this phenomenon, I theorize that the reason for this is that Gemini, being the androgynous sign that encompasses both male and female, will strive for the company of the opposite sex not as a sexualized member of the opposite sex, but as an ungendered peer. Thus, Gemini men can fit in with a group of woman in a non-sexually threatening way by understanding and embodying certain female principles, and vice versa.

Speaking of Gemini birthdays...happy birthday to Brian who is off to Boston! He'll be back on Saturday in time for my party, which rocks. I guess people who have hotmail aren't getting the evites because they just go into junk mail folders. That sucks.

Rattle rattle, drunken rattle. The problem with rarely drinking is that it takes very little to get you drunk.

Oh, my mom, who is very modest in expression, gets fiery when she's stressed. So as we were in a hurry to get all of our baggage downstairs where a cab had already been waiting for half an hour, she suddenly screams (in Chinese...I'll translate), "WHICH SON OF A BITCH TOOK MY CAMERA?!?" That was the funniest thing I've ever heard her say. If you knew her, you would understand why this statement is shocking.

Did God create us before we created him? Or did we create him before he "created" us? Discuss amongst yourselves.

I'm going to bed. If I find that I'm suffering from jetlag insomnia, I'll update my website with the pictures from my trip. Stay tuned.