Wednesday, May 5, 2004

Coffee Bean Guy Update:

I was standing by the condiments area waiting for my vanilla ice blended (breakfast of champions!). He was there, but he left through the back door and I thought he was gone for the morning. But he came back a few minutes later and walked across the room, looked at me out of the corner of his eye, then went out the front door. This was a little bit odd. Then he came back in and got some water from the dispenser in front of me, even though he's got a near-full drink in his other hand. I buried my head in my magazine when he turned around so he walked out of the room, but I could see him hanging out in the doorway out of the corner of my eye. Then he came back and got more water. I smiled at him this time and he said, how are you? I said, Good. Then he repeats, "How are you?" And I'm thinking, you just asked me that. But he's already shuffled away and now he's sitting at the table closest to me. His friend, a screenwriter, I think, who's also there every morning, is at the table across from him. He looks at Coffee Bean Guy's drinks and says, "You got everything you need there?" HAHAHA

I get my drink and rather than be bold and go up and talk to him, I just take off for work as I usually do. So at the five month mark, he's worked up the courage to say, "How are you?" even though his mouth has yet to connect with his brain and output more than that same greeting. Clock's ticking, kiddo.

Oooh...you know what would be fun? You know how you give your name when you order and they put it on your cup? I know he knows my name because of that. Next time, I could tell them to write my number instead of my name, and when I pick it up, I'll just put it on his table, say, "This one's on me." And leave. hahaha I need to stop using my life to test run scenes for romantic comedies.