Monday, May 3, 2004

May 3rd Recap:

H. More rehabilitation programs and education in prisons. Eliminate dehumanization.
E. More focus on at risk children. Each child who slips through the cracks is another wound in the legs of society. Fuck, man, we're all human beings here. Where's the love?
L. Peja!!
L. Blindness (Jose Saramago)--started it this morning, halfway through, this book is making me claustrophobic.
S. The novelty is gone. I want my car back.
Y. Coffee Bean guy waved today. I'm bored with this whole thing already.
E. My back is still messed up. Been out since August and I'm dying to go shoot around. Is there any fixing it?
A. I wanna learn how to surf. What's the risk of retearing an ACL?
H. I like nice, sincere people who can make me smile.

I talked to Linda today and told her my brother is doing incredibly well. He sat my dad down and told him that he's concerned about my dad's drinking lately. I'm so proud of him, because that would not have been something that I would have had the guts to do. As much as my brother looks up to me, I look up to him as well. Michael has always made me strive to be a better person.

She asked where I stand on dating right now and I told her I was in the same place...every once in a while I get lonely and think it would be nice to have companionship--someone cool I can call up and chat with or spend low-key time with without worrying about games and second-guessing. The relationship equivalent of jeans and a t-shirt. To say, something casual, has the wrong implications. Just something chill, where we respect and appreciate each other and can just enjoy spending time together, enjoy the Moments, without worrying too much about where things are going. It would be cool to meet someone where we have the same bond and rapport as with my best girl friend, except it's with a guy with the extra dimensions. But I'll never force anything. Time is precious and I enjoy my time alone as much as I enjoy my time with people, so I'll never waste my time on something unsatisfying just for the sake of company.

Today's Mood: Tom Sizemore to play Pete Rose