Tuesday, March 1, 2005

I just got to the episode where Tony shows up to help Jack and they go back to his place. Jack expositions that Tony's become an alcoholic since going to prison, getting pardoned, being left by his wife, etc. Then Tony gets a beer, pours it into a coffee mug (his ever-present Cubs mug) and with the bottle in one hand, drinks the beer from the mug with the other.

I couldn't stop cracking up.

I asked Reggie who was watching it with me, "Why's he drinking his beer from a coffee mug?"

He said, "Because he's Tony."

And that pretty much made sense. I'm so glad Tony's back. I think if Carlos Bernard had complete freedom with the character, Tony would be a riveting oddball.

And Tony's gut this year...good Lord. Is he hanging it out on purpose to emphasize how he's let himself go? It's so prominently featured, it's like his trusty sidekick.

Lastly, have any of you noticed how Jack and Tony are like the Siegfried and Roy of kickass? They're the greatest love story never told.

I'm so glad Tony's back.