Friday, March 4, 2005

United Colors of Benetton Celebrate Failure


Last night Reggie, Kate and Cody (not pictured) came out to support Peyote in the weekly turtle races at Brennan's in Marina Del Rey. I am chagrined to announce that my turtle FAILED me. Yes, I know I promised him ice cream whether or not he won his heat, and yes, he was racing a size-class up against turtles twice his size who were crawling all over him at the beginning of the heat, scaring the hell out of him. But honestly, for him to be the only turtle who didn't even come out of his shell for the entire race? Shameful. My camera only had enough juice to take this one picture because I only charged it for 10 minutes before leaving the house. Hopefully, Kate, our resident hot librarian, will email me the picture of Peyote sitting at the starting line so I can share the failings of my spawn.