Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I'm watching Smallville Season 1 right now, and the thing I don't like about the show, is how obnoxious the writers are about "Hey! We went to college!" Like the characters may as well be winking at the audience after they deliver their lines, so tickled are they over their own cleverness. For example, in the episode I watched last night, Lex gave Clark a fencing foil as a parting gift and said, "Every hero needs a foil." Get it? The literary foil gives the "foil" to the literary hero? I groaned and hid my face in a pillow, wishing I was watching "A Simple Life" right now. At least Paris and Nicole always say what they mean, and there is never, ever, EVER any cleverness involved.

*****
Girl Scout Thin Mints are the best cookies ever made.

*****
No wait, these chocolate chip cookies with chewy fudge centers that this hotel once left in our room were the best cookies ever made. But Girl Scout Thin Mints always make punching an 11 year-old girl in the braces worthwhile.