Wednesday, August 18, 2004

8/18 Recap

My brother arrived for his 3 week stay. He got himself a job as a volunteer at John Kerry's Campaign office! He'll be doing admin stuff but the good thing is that he'll be working a floor above my office, so I'll be close by if he needs anything. He'll be walking to work a lot so I just wanted to say: Those of you who have honked at him while he crosses the street? DON'T. It scares him.

I bought a tent off a woman on Craig's List. It's pretty much new and I got it for $60 so I'm glad, even though I don't know how much a 3 person tent is supposed to cost. We're going camping this weekend and it's my brother's first time.

I took him to a Moroccan restaurant tonight to celebrate his job and because we wanted to try a new restaurant (he actually wanted Ethiopian food, which I eat once every few weeks, but I told him I'd take him there next week). I think couscous is a gift from the gods. I love that stuff. But the bill came out to be $53 for two entrees and I thought that was way overpriced for okay food in very small portions. The dining room, with all its couches and incense, reminded me of this sex club I went to once where I saw this magazine editor that I had once had drinks with, in a disgustingly compromising position. I don't think I will go back to that restaurant.

In other news, work was intense today so I managed only 2 blog entries. If work is going to start cutting into my blog time, I'm just gonna have to quit. No, I'm just kidding. Oh, god. Please don't take away my sweet, sweet paychecks.

Today's mood: Michael Makes Me Happy