Thursday, August 5, 2004

Great article with Zach Braff about Garden State:

http://suicidegirls.com/words/Zach+Braff+-+Garden+State/


Today I took a ridiculous spill. I went to the chiro this morning and on my way back to work, I stopped by Starbucks to see if any of the gang was working. I was walking back to my car when I tripped about 5 feet away on an uneven crack in the parking lot pavement. This is a slow-motion breakdown of the following sequence:

1. I pitched across the lot, flinging the contents of my cup against my door which I had just had detailed, along with the rest of my car, spraying it with coffee before...
2. Momentum carried me along the projectile of my cup until my shoulder clunked against the side of the door.
3. I managed to gain some footing in an effort to at the very least, not end this graceful sequence by crumbling to the ground, but as I put my weight down on my left foot, my ankle twisted out from under me, and I went spinning the other way, landing on the cushion that is my right knee cap.

Thankfully, an Escalade was blocking the store's view of me so no one really saw, except for the woman in the Escalade, whose adorable son had just thrown a tin cannister of mints in my face a few minutes before while waiting in line. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" she asked. "No ma'am," I said, crawling into my car. It's just my pride.

I'm an idiot.