Saturday, September 11, 2004

Let's Take a Little Station Break for a Friendly Disclaimer

Friends, loved ones, strangers. Even ex-boyfriends who secretly check out my site on a daily basis but don't think I know. I've realized that when I started this blog, it was just for me. No one knew about it; it was like open mic at the poetry showcase every time I posted, with me opening up about really private, naked things for an audience full of strangers. Yes, I'll always continue to post very private things, because I'm just embarrassing like that. But now it's gotten so big, and I don't know who's on here reading. It's like spending a whole rainy day afternoon talking to yourself in the basement, having entire wonderful and funny and tragic conversations with yourself, and then turning around and suddenly finding that you have an audience. It's a really weird feeling.

But I wanted to say that I don't want anyone who knows me in real life and reads this blog to be offended. I tell mostly anecdotes because they're funny as hell, but out of respect.

I also just want to let the people who interact with me in every day life, who have come to know me through day-to-day living rather than putting together who I am from the clues of this site, to know that I don't post about you not because I don't care about you, but because I actually care a lot. I think the things a person really cherishes should be kept private. Wouldn't you agree?

And please understand that I live in my head a lot so most things on here are what my simple robot brain deems intellectually stimulating, funny or confusing (I don't understand emotions). I'm not calling anyone out or communicating to anyone through cryptic messages. Anymore. Not for a while. Okay, not true. But what I mean is, please don't take what I write too personally. I honestly don't think that much when I'm writing these things.

In other news, some people ask me what it's like living with a male roommate. And I say, "Brian and I are like brother and sister. Except I'm the brother and he's the sister."