Saturday, November 20, 2004

I walked up the entrance of the restaurant where we had ordered takeout. As I approached the door, I noticed a recently purchased, maroon Hummer pull up to the curb. I paused in my entrance into the restaurant, wanting to see who the driver was, this person who could afford such a nice car. It was a middle-aged man who looked like some Ivy-League schooled CEO of a software company, who also happened to look mildly familiar. The takeout wasn't ready so I waited. Finally, they called my name and I took my bag of food and headed towards the door. I walked by the Hummer's driver who was having dinner with his wife and three angelic daughters. And then it hit me. Where I had seen him before.

"Hey kids! I saw your daddy at a sex club downtown fucking a more slender woman who most definitely wasn't your mommy!"

No. I would never do that. Not in this town.