Wednesday, February 2, 2005

2/02 Recap

Day started out AWESOMELY. Then I went to work and since the other girl is out, I had to do my 3 jobs along with hers. I thought I would quit today. Then remembered that whole, it's-nice-having-food-on-the-table thing.

Got a call from my dad. I went to bed really early last night and missed a call from him. I vaguely remember hearing my phone ring late at night, and usually, I freak out when the phone rings in the middle of the night because I automatically think something really bad happened like someone died. But in recent days, I've been trying to train myself out of this anxiety cycle. So I calmed myself down, told myself not to assume it's an emergency, and went back to sleep.

Well, I got up this morning and realized it was my dad, who NEVER calls me. Part of me said, something's wrong, but he didn't leave a message so I forgot. He called me in the middle of the day and asked me if I heard about my brother. That line struck the fear of God in me. He told me my brother had gotten upset last night while in the kitchen helping to make dinner, and picked up a knife by the blade without realizing it. The knife cut through three of his fingers, tearing a tendon in his pinky and severing nerves in two fingers. This news chilled me to the bone. I talked to Michael and all that he would say was that his hand hurt. This is terrible.

Today's mood: frustrated