Wednesday, February 16, 2005

So I was sitting at home one day, thinking about how little I remember of junior high, which is probably one of the most traumatic rites of passages legally-enforced by American society. The suckitude of junior high in my mind kind of clumped together into one dark, murky disgusting blob with a smell and aftertaste best likened to Ass, when I remembered one thing that made me chuckle.

I had some class with this guy named Nate and we were always in a group together with another girl (Cara?). And Nate would always wear this t-shirt that said:


Posted by Hello

And it would always crack me up and brighten up my day because...well...sneezing and farting at the same time--it's just ANOTHER potential source of embarrassment that could ruin the life of a 12 year-old.

To this day, whenever I hear someone let out one of those whopping throat-tearing sneezes where it sounds like a lung was just shot through a nostril, I always think about this shirt. And then I laugh at the fact that I always automatically think about how hard that person's buttcheeks must be clenched. I mean, everyone else thinks the same thing too when they hear someone sneeze, right?

Anyway, I got back in touch with Nate a few weeks ago through the wonder that is Friendster. He sent me this picture today, and it made me chuckle, just as it did so many years back. And considering I was having a shitty morning, it couldn't have come at a better time.