Wednesday, July 22, 2009

11 hours of sleep last night. peaceful, comforting dreams of being with my family on vacation. us bonding together. us against the others. this is a good sign.

in my dream last night we were at some kind of carnival food court and in some areas, there were vampires but i wasn't afraid of them. i walk amongst them, i speak their language. my soul is as old as they, but my needs are different. so in this place, i felt safe.

i walked up to a crowded booth, and waited. behind me, this skinny, impatient girl with stringy brown hair kept pushing at my back, pushing her crotch onto me and i hate it when girls do that. why do straight girls sexually harass me? this happens all the time in real life. so she kept pushing me, and i wanted to turn around and shove her to the ground because i knew that i was stronger than her, and more pointedly, i'm more ferocious. you ever see me rip off my mask and show what i am behind? if the world only knew the level of restraint i exercise, because force is not the way, especially when you know you're stronger, deeper, more energetic than others. so finally, i pushed back, not hard enough to push her down, but enough to hold my ground and not let her move me. and she wasn't strong enough to overcome me and i could feel her pushing and becoming frustrated. while this was going on, i didn't have an expression and remained calm, zen, even though i was fuming inside. i think somehow the woman behind the counter noticed, and she leaned in and whispered, "There are a lot of idiots in this world," and told that girl to get out of line, that she wouldn't be served.

that was a good feeling. the situation was handled well. i earned the woman's respect.

in the end, i think that woman behind the counter was another of the old breed. the ones who are both human and something older, wiser, tying the past, present and future together in one space. she recognized me and i recognized her and it was a peaceful feeling.

when i woke up, i felt better than i have in a while. i felt the dream wanted to tell me that i'm not alone. that our time will come.