Wednesday, October 6, 2004

I've Got Doctor's Orders to Stimulate Myself!

I went to my chiro today and we're running out of treatment options for my back. So she says:

"I'm going to put something called an Accu-aid on you. It's like a bandaid with a small needle in the middle that I'm going to put on a trigger point, and then throughout the day, you have to reach back there and stimulate yourself."

OH.

MY.

GOD.

"Reach back there and stimulate yourself." ??????????

My head nearly exploded. So I was trying to be an adult and hold in my hysteria but about 30 seconds later, I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. I had tears. I felt terrible because I was convulsing with laughter and she couldn't treat me so she took this time to get some tape outside while I went through my giggle fit. I settled down but about 5 minutes later, I heard her say it again in my head and started cracking up again. This is the same doctor who asked me if I do coke or have raucous sex because she couldn't understand why my body wasn't holding the adjustments.