Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Also, first song on the radio when I got into my rental car... Wake Up by Arcade Fire.

Power Out off the same album was playing when I went inside after running into Beau.

Last summer I said it's been coming back to Arcade Fire...their music popping up to signify important (magnetic) happenings.

******

My aunt told me that Edison and Jonathan wet their beds so their grandmother tries to wake them up to get them to go to the bathroom, but it's impossible to wake them up because they sleep so deeply, it's like they're dead to the world.

I told her that I had problems as a kid as well, because I was a deep sleeper and my dreams are so real, that if I have to go to the bathroom, I'll find one in my dream, but that would cause me to wet the bed. It took me a while to train myself to learn not to trust dream bathrooms.

But the interesting thing is this. I've spent most of my life believing that we actually go somewhere else when we sleep...I was very hard to wake up when I was young (and still am), and I've always wondered if we actually can interact with the real world as our dream selves (ie, in my dream, I go to Ireland...maybe it's a place I've been in a past life...and people there perceive a presence as a haunting or a ghost, but it's really a real person projecting themselves into their space within a dream).

I asked my aunt if she saw Avatar. I reminded her that when the humans pop out of the bodies, the bodies can not be woken up. That's how I feel about sleep sometimes. It's very hard to pull me back, and takes time because I'm actually somewhere far away. And I think my cousins are the same.

It's the revolution, I told her. The rise of the Others. Don't be afraid.