Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First night back in LA and who do I bump into on the street but Missed Connections Guy. Had a great conversation. There was more light in his eyes. I told him about wanting to move to San Francisco next year, and he got excited because he moved to SF when he was 19 and spent most of his 20's there...he considers it where he's from. He said that if his living weren't tied to the film industry, he would move to SF in a heartbeat.

I mentioned coming back to LA at the end of the month for shoulder surgery. He invited me for drinks the next day, but it didn't sound very practical because he had a 7am call time, and said he'd be working a 14 hour day, but I agreed to meet (he didn't show up but I met this NBA player's brother and talked with him. It was interesting, but I'm not really impressed by people whose identity is based on the success and notoriety of others. I'm still meeting people who are close to BD. I even told this guy, Ro, that Baron and I are destined to be homies when the time is right...he laughed and said, that's probably true).

I told him it was great as always to see him, and we hugged. He recoiled in horror, asking if he'd hugged me too hard and hurt my shoulder. I told him it was fine, it's just a warrior wound, not a day to day thing.

He laughed and said, "I love a woman who has warrior wounds."

I secretly loved that his eyes were glowing.

Beau. Our paths keep crossing. I'm not going to chase you. But I do wonder what you mean. At the very least, I wanted to talk to you about Avatar.