Thursday, January 14, 2010

I hung out with Whitney last night. I haven't seen her since my birthday last year, and we caught up. I told her about that dream I had that she was in last month. She's in a really good place, too. She's a Scorpio dedicated to a Gemini craft (writing) and I'm a Gemini training in Scorpio magnetism, so she and I tend to benefit each other in ways that aren't clearly tangible. I was talking about how the kids these days are different. At least my cousins...they're born fast-tracked in a way, possessing a deeper level of knowledge and skill to maneuver the world than people of our generation. She said that we're kind of in a 5-year no man's land, that the generation before us was Gen X, and after us are the kids who grew up in a world where information travels really fast through cellphones and the internet (we didn't have computers or cellphones in school). She thinks the 5-year gap involves people born from 1977-1982. So we can bridge communication between Gen X-ers and the new generation, but we don't really belong to either.

I told her that I meet a lot of people born in the early 70's or in 1983/1984. She said that makes sense, because these are the people closest to us from the other groups...so there's almost a connection, they almost get us...but we're still very different.

I don't know. My experience of life is that I have such strong, powerful, intangible connections with people very easily, but it's hard to form connections on the mundane level. Probably because deep down, I believe this is the level of illusion, so there's not much point for me.

My body will not last long, but my soul lasts forever. The rider often outlasts his horse. And then what? Is the world ready for the new evolution?