Friday, January 8, 2010

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but last Sunday I went to the gym wearing black soccer calf socks. I was dressed all in black and my mom called me the Asian Angelina. I definitely got a lot of looks from the men, and this one Asian guy really liked me. He mentioned that he usually works out late at night and I told him I usually come around 5pm (because that's when Michael works out with a trainer), and the next 3 days in a row, he showed up around 5. The guy is cute. He was a cognitive science major, a subject I'm very interested in, and a former football player. His arms look like snakes that have swallowed a couple of softballs. So he's always tagging along after me, asking about me. Even my dad noticed, though my dad says he's too aggressive--he can get a little hotheaded when he plays, and I'm always telling him to keep his head in the game.

So, I'm seriously obsessed with these calf socks because they make my calves feel really good, and I haven't had a single issue with calf cramps since wearing them while playing. So I've been wearing them to the gym every day. Then one day, he shows up wearing the exact same socks! My dad was on the court when he walked in, and I said, "Hey dad, look at his socks." My dad goes, "I know," and suppresses a smile. I walk up to the guy and say, "Nice socks," and he gets embarrassed, mumbling something about wanting to try them out.

It was hilarious. Never in my life would I have thought I would start a fashion trend, let alone a fashion trend for men. I don't have a picture of me in the black ones, which are pretty hardcore. I seriously look like a professional basketball player in them. But here's me in the white ones:




Basketball in soccer socks. Do it. It feels awesome.