Saturday, January 2, 2010

while we were sitting in the "man cave," after my dad's friend mentioned i'm like this flower that my dad has spent a lifetime guarding, i mentioned to the guys why i get irritated with my mom sometimes when she keeps pushing me to find a nice engineer boyfriend. first of all, i don't have patience for a boyfriend. i'm very busy. i'll one day make room for a partner. i have room for friends. and i want to eventually end up with a good person, of course, but she wants me to find someone now, when i don't want to settle when i know that if i get myself to the place i'm capable of getting, i could very well be on the level of someone extraordinary. who knows, maybe someday i could end up with someone who's a world power.

my dad's friends looked at him and said, "can she?" almost as though asking the creator what he has planned for the creation. my dad just sat there with his arms crossed over his chest, smiling that sly smile.

i found that exchange very interesting.