Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back in Seattle! Ran into Brian yesterday as I was getting ready to leave for the airport, so we had lunch and worked it out. I don't stay mad very long. That's always been something I've been good at.

Had a fiasco at the airport where I realized I couldn't find my Seattle keys. Panicked because my apt office was closed for the holiday so they wouldn't be able to let me in either. I'd realized I didn't have them after dropping off the rental car, and ran back to search the car. Couldn't find them there. I searched my suitcase as well. I knew they weren't in my condo because the place is completely empty, and started panicking about having dropped them somewhere. I talked to my mom and she said to check the rental car company again, and sure enough, they'd found them. So they sent them on a shuttle bus, and I had to run out of the security line to meet them on the curb outside. A rep from Virgin came out and told me I had 15 minutes before they closed the gate, so once I grabbed my keys and got pushed through security, I only had 4 minutes left. The girl in front of me was on the same flight, so we both ran, but when we got to the gate listed on our tickets, there was no one there. But then we noticed people running to the next gate who said they had the wrong gate listed on their ticket, too, so we followed them. When we got to the check-in, the lady said, "This isn't your flight. This is to New York!"

So we ran and found a Departure board that listed a new gate for our flight, and went running. The room was full, so we pushed through all these people only to get to the check-in and there was no one there. I ask a nearby guy, "Did they close the gate already?"

He kind of looks at me in a really amused way and says, "Uh...we haven't started boarding yet."

Everyone nearby started laughing, so I turned around and said, "I apologize to everyone I just needlessly pushed out of the way." This Filipino couple was really laughing, saying I made their day with the way I rushed in thinking the plane had left. They said I'm like a comedian. Turned out, I was sitting right next to them, so when I sat down, I said, "Oh no, now you're gonna make fun of me the whole flight." They were really nice.

Made it to Seattle, which was warmer than LA (LA was thunderstorming when I left). Woke up this morning having no idea where I was.