Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I overheard your conversation about the people of Seattle. I just moved here and I've really found that to be the case, that the people are very closed here."

"Yeah, I mean, I grew up here, but I spent the last year living overseas. Coming back here, it's just apparent that people are really hard to talk to. They're very protective of their worlds if they don't know you. Especially with the nightlife."

"I'm thinking Seattle's about ready for a revolution."

"Whoa whoa, what do you mean, revolution?"

"It's time for this city to relax and have something to be happy about. People need to warm up. We need a revolution to thaw the freeze. Get people to stop being afraid and mean. Cold weather doesn't have to mean cold hearts."

He kind of looked at me like he didn't know whether to believe me or fear me.

"Maybe," he said.

Yet, he kept coming back trying to figure me out, when I said exactly what I mean.