Tuesday, October 20, 2009

People often ask me what I do for a living. I feel that what someone does for a living is sometimes different from what someone does for money. What I do for a living is try to make the world a better place, one connection at a time. Dropping knowledge. Peace, understanding, compassion, truth, hope, reflection. Every connection, every person, every moment is different. What is needed is what defines, and I'm lucky in that through these connections, I learn many things myself as well. But really, it's about giving. Time and depth. I find awe and beauty in big things and small, inspire people when their eyes get cloudy, they inspire me by being inspired. I hope they pay it forward. I'm a realistic person who can see positive potential, and I'm tireless with communicating it to people when they are willing to listen. I am willing to give that, to put a great deal of energy and myself into it in that moment, if it means it might make a positive difference.

What I do for money? Nothing. Little things. It balances out for me. I tend to have what I need when I focus on my random connections. I used to think I had to make my way like everyone else. Now I find, that my life works out better when I do this work, when in my wanderings, I have these strange but beautiful connections. Living. Being. Creating change. Inspiring. Comforting. Believing in people when they sometimes don't believe in themselves. And knowing that we are beautiful, eternal spirits who sometimes get lost in illusion, but by becoming conscious of our true selves, we help the universe become conscious of itself...these are the things I live for. These are what define living for me.