Thursday, April 15, 2004

April 14th, 2004 Recap

7:12am - wake up
7:32am - shower
7:36am - exit shower
7:36-7:45 am - contemplate going back to bed
8:22am - arrive at work
8:44am - nod off at work
9:22am - nod off at work
9:35am - nod off at work
10:20am - nod off at work
10:32am - heat up some matzo ball soup and eat it lukewarm because i don't have the patience to wait for it to get hot
10:44am - sign for fed ex package, return to nodding off
etc etc. etc. etc.

3:58pm - go home early, rip off my shirt before I'm even through the front door, take theraflu and go to bed.

This flu-like thing I've come down with today is kicking my ass. It's from a combination of lack of sleep over the weekend, being on a plane for so long and allergies. But theraflu is a godsend.

I've been trying to put the rest of my newspaper articles up on my website, but I'm finding myself...nodding off. I may as well put on a wool shawl and heat up some Ovaltine because I've turned into my grandmother. When I get all my articles up so I can actually be productive with the site and try to get some freelance writing work, I'm going to ruin my professional credibility by adding a photo section. So stay tuned.

Random thoughts for today...I caught 5 minutes of Taxicab Confessions...these two girls were in the cab and I guess one watched the other have sex with her boyfriend and she was all critical of the sex. "It was boring because she was lazy." And then the other girl gets really defensive like, "Well, it was because I've never had someone watching...I mean, if it hadn't been three of us there, I would have pulled out the vibrator." Now don't go crazy there all at once, girlfriend! Pace yourself! I have a love/hate relationship with shows like that. They're like psychological/social car wrecks but I can't stop watching.

Have you guys heard Dane Cook's standup where he talks about how, whenever someone hears a car slam on the brakes and the tires squeal, there's a part in each and every one of us that gets a little bit disappointed when it's not climaxed by the sound of a crash? That's so fucked up but so true.

So today was the last day of basketball season. I'm almost relieved because I'm tired of keeping up my fantasy team and getting hate mail from dumb men who have nothing better to do. I'm never going to play again. I kind of hoped to go out with a bang by winning the whole thing and getting the plasma, but 2nd place isn't so bad. As for the playoffs...go Kings!

Did I ever mention that my cousin up in Sac-town had a baby? Devon...Born February 27th. Yeah. No one even told me that his wife was pregnant. Everyone just assumed I knew. But I met Devon for the first time last week and he's beautiful. Children are absolute miracles. Why anyone could hurt them, I honestly can't understand. I'm completely torn. I really want to go to psych grad school and work with abused children because the cycle has to be broken and so many people can become survivors rather than victims and/or future abusers, but I just have such a tough time in a classroom setting. I probably skipped 40% of my classes in undergrad because I just couldn't be in a classroom, but I still graduated in 3 years with honors and two degrees so I don't really think I need to be present in class to do well. I just can't stand being cooped up for so long, with everything moving so SLOWLY. It drives me nuts. And grad classes are freakin' long and tedious. I don't know. I really don't know. It's such a quandary and I think about it all the time.

Okay, the theraflu is kicking in.

Today's mood: *hack* *hack* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz