Thursday, April 29, 2004

Yesterday was Sarita's birthday (Happy birthday!) so we all went to El Campadre to celebrate with flaming margaritas and a side of dinner. I tried to order one of every type of margarita they had for our birthday girl (I think there were about 7) but she said no, which I know means yes...or at least I hope it does. Otherwise, there are probably some arrest warrants out for me somewhere.

We went over to The Standard on the Strip afterwards to meet up with her friend, Jason, and his roommate Bill. I've never met Bill but Sarita's told me that Bill's a model who looks exactly like Justin Timberlake. So when he walked through the door, I knew it was him...he looks EXACTLY like Justin Timberlake. I mean, EXACTLY. Same fresh style and everything. It was hard not to stare. Apparently, he gets mistaken quite a bit which is good for him and his potential sex life with drunk teenagers.

First of all, that was my first time actually having a drink at The Standard. I've looked around before, but have never been in the lounge that's hidden behind the restaurant. I christened the lounge "The Cheesedick Lounge." You have to see it to believe it. It's cheesy and looks like the set of a USA made-for-TV movie, which looks distinctly like a cokehead's haven. And all the guys in there looked incredibly sleazy and fairly European. I don't think I'll be going back.

Some random things:

-at dinner yesterday, Sarita kept getting Happy Birthday phone calls. So when my mom called, I decided to mess around. Conversation as follows:

I answer the phone (note: I have a loud restaurant in the background).

JULIA (seductively): So...what are you wearing?"
MOM: HELLO????
JULIA (seductively): What are you wearing?
MOM: WHAT? WHERE AM I GOING?
JULIA: No. What are you wearing?
MOM: WHAT DO I WEIGH????
JULIA: WHAT. ARE. YOU. WEARING.
MOM: WHAT AM I WEARING?
JULIA: YES.
MOM: Um...orange shirt...an orange t-shirt. Black gym pants. I just got back from the gym. Why?
JULIA: I'm just kidding. I was trying to be sexy.
MOM: WHAT?
JULIA: I WAS TRYING TO BE SEXY.
MOM: WHAT?
JULIA: Nevermind.

-I drove by the French Connection store yesterday, and thought, they should come out with a unisex line called, the Metrosexual Edition. So the t-shirts would say, "FCUK ME"