Friday, April 16, 2004

I'm waiting for Brian's Adidas thing to go live on espn.com because he couldn't wait up for it, so he told me to wake him up if there are any problems with it. But it's 20 minutes after it was supposed to go live and I don't see it. I don't know if I should wake him up. Hmmm...I'll give it a few more minutes.

The day's recap...

Had lunch with Dave Stroup who edited both my commercials. Great guy who has a girlfriend named Happy. I hope they have hundreds of kids. Talking to him got me all psyched about getting back into the creative end of the film industry again. I left in such a fit years ago but it's really time to get back on it. I've got this mystery/supernatural thriller all ready to go but I have to be honest...deep down, I don't know if I'm scared to start back on it because of the dark places I'll be going during the creative process, or because I'm afraid to deal with the heartbreak of the industry again. But I think it's time I light a fire under my ass, because if I'm still refusing to work in the industry and I'm not doing at least a marginal amount of screenwriting, then I may as well move to a city that I like better.

At the very least, I should finish Iverson on Ice so I can take his picture down from my wall.

My cousin and her mom called me to say they were in town so I took them to the Beverly Center to help my cousin find a prom dress. I hate shopping probably more than most guys, but I'm willing to bite the bullet for family. My cousin is super innocent and super naive. I mean, she's a big fan of Hillary Duff. The only colleges she got into were UC Irvine and UC Davis so I was trying to convince her to go to Davis because it's the better school and I don't want her in SoCal. I know there are predators everywhere, but I would rather have her at Davis then down here. So I was telling her all my SoCal horror stories, like about my first night here where I was asked out by that really nice boy-next-door UCLA student who turned out to have just gotten out of jail for cocaine possession or something and lived at a halfway house. Good times.

I took them to dinner at Lala's on Melrose and we saw Stephen Baldwin there. I was so tempted to tell him that he was a crazy muthafucker on Celebrity Mole and to ask if he was actually retarded or just acted that way. But that would have involved a conversation and from the looks of the way he was talking to the waitress, he was a monster jackass.

Okay, the Adidas ad is up. Sweet. I'm off to bed.

Today's Mood: Content