Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Dress

So apparently, everyone and their mother knew about my bridesmaid dress fiasco for Daisy's wedding. Literally. When I showed up in Laguna Beach, everyone was asking me how my dress was, and I had the same response-- "How do you know about it?" News travels fast. I assured everyone that I had it under control and all would go well. And if I flashed a boob, it would be to the enjoyment of all.

So come wedding day and it's judgment hour. I need the help of two girls to get me in the dress--it was still a size too small and didn't zip up all the way, but the tailor had created a flap to cover the part that was open. I could breathe, but I couldn't breathe too deeply, and I had to be very careful of laughing too hard. Which was very difficult because I was designated the comic relief for the day. Outside of it making my shoulders look massive, it worked out:

here we are as deceptively well-behaved young ladies.

It was very hard to simultaneously sit and breathe in the dress, so whenever we had a break during the day, instead of sitting and resting, I would pace. When the reception came around, my cousin, Sharon, asked me how I was going to sit and eat. I told her I would eat in a lunge*.

The pumpkin soup was delicious!

Mmmmm....Steak.

(*Don't worry, I ate sitting down like a lady. A shallow-breath taking lady.)

It cracked her up so she insisted on taking a picture doing a lunge with me:

This one's for the troops.

And for the fun of it, here's a picture of my cousin and I "looking at the bunny" that was being shaken to get the baby to smile for the camera:

LOOK AT THE BUNNY!...LOOK AT THE BUNNY!