Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pain.

Joined a coed team called Barrel of Monkeys. I like that it's a team of mostly scientists. Played two games, lost the first, won the 2nd. I threw two goals and caught one. The field was beautiful...artificial turf which is supposed to be particularly bad for your joints though, and I've got turf burn on my thigh, elbow, knee and shin from diving for catches. A lot of fun but I'm going to soak in a bubble bath now. I'm going to be sore in places I never even knew existed tomorrow. Ultimate is played on a soccer field. It's basically soccer with a frisbee. As someone who never played organized soccer, that field is so much bigger than a basketball court; sprinting up and down it was definitely a physical shock. I did NOT feel like I was in good shape. I think basketball is easier for me because it's a game of stamina and bursts of speed, not longer distances at top speed.