Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh wow, I got such a sweet email from Amber. I had written her to thank her again for letting us stay with them, and that Michael had raved to my parents when he got home about his friends Amber and Jason. Her email makes me very grateful for people like her in the world, and her insight into Michael and I was incredible. It was something unexpected that helped me understand something new. And she is such an amazing person.

Thank you, universe.

Hi!

I get super excited thinking about your adventure in Seattle. I think it is going to suit you well, allow you to get deep into your head (and other's heads!), and really grow as a person and as a writer. I can't wait to observe the outcome over the next 3 (to 12!) months. I hope it blows your expectations out of the water.

On the note on Michael, that makes me smile to hear. He is such a kind-hearted person. Jason just adored him, and really loved hearing what he had to say. They had so many side conversations I had no idea were even going on! After you left, Jason and I kept talking about how wonderful you are with him. It's obvious that you two bring out the best in one another and probably are who you are largely because of your relationship. You both have a deep empathy for people, and I don't think I've ever been around anyone who listens as intensely as you do. Such a gift you have.

Do take care, and stay in touch.

Hugs,
Amber