Saturday, September 26, 2009

In the Waiting Line by Zero 7 was playing at the cafe when we walked in today. "Good song," I said to the barista as soon as I realized it, and asked her if she was playing the whole CD, thinking it was Simple Things by Zero 7 (one of the my favorite all-time albums). But the next song was the Shins and I realized it was the Garden State soundtrack. So random that I would know the music because I don't consider myself to know that much music...just my small world of it, the music that's tied to my emotions and inner world.

But regardless, the most interesting thing was this. When I was waiting on the stairs under the bridge the other day, I was listening to Simple Things by Zero 7. I remembered how recently, the song Destiny had been one of my moods (the Wed before finding out about the Mercury's return, in fact). I thought, that would be crazy if he walked up while that song was playing. He didn't. However, the song that was playing when he walked up, was In the Waiting Line.

The world is synchronized.

Do you believe
In what you see
Motionless wheel
Nothing is real