Monday, September 28, 2009

Got a text from my basketball coach thanking me for the birthday present I sent him. We caught up...sounds like he's still with the same girl because his ex-fiance has another guy right now, but he's biding his time.

What happened to there only being one shot at the title, coach? Jeez. I guess some things are easier said than done.

I still remember though. I still don't look back. Why stay with someone if you already know they're not the one.

At Daisy's bachelorette party in Vegas, some British guy had come up to talk to her (12 beautiful Asian girls at one table...what guy wouldnt?). I had been out on the dance floor looking for a hot black athlete for her to talk to (her request for the night). When I came back, she grabbed me and introduced me as, "This is my cousin, Julia. She's my hero. This girl keeps guys in line like nobody else. If you get stupid and pull bullshit, she walks away and never looks back. So don't even try unless you've got what it takes." The guy kind of looked at her like she might be joking, but seriously, with an introduction like that in a dance club where most interactions are bullshit, most guys are going to run. I didn't care though. He seemed cheesy. But it's not that I'm cold. It's that, I don't have time to waste, letting my head and heart get twisted by people who don't know what they want or what they're doing. What I have to give is real and of value.

I wrote to my coach, "I remember what you said, 'You only get 1 shot at the title.' If a guy doesn't drop everything for the chance to be with me and is willing to gamble that I might slip through his fingers, then he's already lost."

He wrote back, "You are a Jedi to be."

I wrote back, "I already graduated, coach. I'm a Jedi Master, imparting great wisdom to the young men who will some day save our galaxy."