Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hmmm...I entered the contest and never looked at the prizes. I never do it for the prize.
But it turns out, the winners get scholarships to Writer's Boot Camp. Apparently they are one of the sponsors.

I met one of the founders years ago
. If I do well in this contest, it will symbolically be like getting delivered right back to him. I never did sign up for a class. I secretly can't stand being around groups of writers unless in very specific situations with great chemistry. And I don't remember what it was, but something about that organization felt a little cultish.

This makes for an interesting twist. I'm faced with the question of, if I have a conflict of interest.

I don't think so. I'm just going to focus on doing the best I can in the writing. Figure out things that come when they come.