Tuesday, August 11, 2009

i talked with a woman who is always good at guiding me and keeping me focused. a few things she said that i want to write down so i don't forget:

1. Do not go where you've gone before. Do not get held by illusions. So many people get chained to life and things that they're settling for because they get chained to illusions or fear. You have broken free. Don't willingly chain yourself again.

2. She compared me to a Lamborghini. Said I've amassed the speed, the power, the looks. Now the world is asking, what am I going to do with it. My next move will be very important. Focus on my expression. I've collected enough stuff to start showing the world what I've been working on. It's time to prepare for that and not get distracted. She told me in particular to not let my emotions drag me away from this moment. My emotions have helped me collect my material and inspiration. Now is the time for the mind to take over and structure launch. Also, do not let others drag me away from what I'm working on. Right now is a time when people start challenging me and my focus, because it's the most important time to test my commitment to myself. I have to stay very focused. I know that I've been really clear about telling myself that what is lost was once found and what is found was once lost, so nothing of value is ever lost forever.

Last month, I wrote to my friend, Nick:

Maybe to gain more of what you want in life, you have to be willing to give up more. But maybe if you take that leap of faith and trust that whatever you get back will make up for what you gave up, what happens is you get back the very thing you gave up. That’s kind of my secret theory.

It's kind of like how Brian, notorious for his lack of purchasing restraint, made himself choose only one candle out of two. But he ended up with both. Now is the time for me to trust my theory, and let go of anything that will prevent me from moving forward. If anything I let go of is valuable, it will still be there, or be in an even better position, on the other side.

3. She told me to be careful that I don't play for something someone doesn't have, so I end up losing. This reminded me of how I wrote a couple of days ago that to start off with a compromised goal is unforgivable. I would never play in a game if I was told that for whatever reason, I would not be eligible for the top prize. Because then what's the point of playing? Do I not deserve a chance at the top prize? Her telling me this reminded me that I want a fair playing field with fair goals, that if I work really hard, there's no outside force that will unfairly tell me that I can't have what I deserve. So if a game is set up to not be satisfactory, then I am free to choose a new game. And I only want one that challenges me to reach for the top.

4. She made a funny comment about my sexual magnetism right now. About how much power I've stored up, I'm like both the light and the dark side of the moon simultaneously and it must be making men go haywire. I laughed. No comment.