Wednesday, August 19, 2009

okay, so i couldn't help myself. posted this for AD, and it contains my final reaction.

July 21, 2007. I typed a list and taped it to my bathroom mirror for 2 years.

Agenda for the Year of Fearless Living (it ended up being an elongated year)

1. Dance more. Both publicly and privately.
2. Meet new people with great smiles and fascinating stories.
3. Kiss in the rain
4. Successfully drive to the basket (and finish) without having an ounce of fear in regards to my knees.
5. Train like a professional athlete.
6. Spend money like water
7. Enjoy the company of others
8. Finish what I start
9. Travel more. Particularly to places where I feel that people are warm.
10. Never be afraid of walking away from something or someone if I know it's not what I want.
11. Learn to play the piano.
12. Don't be shy about singing.
13. If you like someone, tell them. Because it's not committal, it's just a compliment.
14. Tell Baron Davis that he completes me.
15. Don't be afraid of not answering the phone or being MIA. Those who matter know I always come back.
16. Have fun. Have fun being myself and being ecstatic about that, even if my current urge for expression is to go to Costco for an economy size tub of non-dairy creamer, and spend the entire weekend lighting it on fire.
17. Fall in love with the sound of my own typing all over again.
18. Start my own business the right way without worrying about my capabilities. I can deal with the issues that crop up as they come. I just need to trust my resourcefulness.
19. Truly understand that I am not responsible for people just because they love me.
20. Meet someone who takes my breath away.

Done but for one.

This weekend, AD so eloquently asked me, "Is your vagina magical?"

There is no reason in the world to ever answer a question like that.

But I will say, whatever I have

I'm o.w.n.i.n.g. it.