Sunday, August 23, 2009

i laugh inside at the guys who can't stop looking at me even though they're with their girlfriends. i figure how deep down they must feel like such assholes, that they didn't believe in something better, even if they hadn't found it yet, and tied themselves to something "good enough," and are now missing an opportunity. remember those boys who tend to go with their second choices?...careful.

me, i always believed i would have what i felt i deserved. i was just kind enough to myself to wait until i was conscious to make an empowered decision in regards to what i saw myself deserving without tying myself down with the best of what was available even if it wasn't right. now i know what i want, as far as an absolute trust in myself that i'll know it when i see it. that's all you need. that's all that matters.

but what i'm most proud of myself for, is that i never settled and never let myself get permanently obligated to anything that didn't absolutely feel right.

did you see the sliver of moon tonight?

exquisite, like a sliver of ice on your tongue.

a sensation turned memory.

i dedicate that to you.

from birth, you have never left my heart.