Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the wife has laid down an ultimatum.

get back from the cruise, get a job.

i am open to getting a job and meeting new people, having new experiences, but i don't want a job that i get tempted to commit my passions to. the job can't drain me. my spirit, mind and heart are on a journey elsewhere right now. eventually, i want to work for myself or with a partner i trust.

on the flipside, if i find a position that brings me creative fulfillment and a sense of pushing me towards my highest potential and a sense of achievement, then i won't think of it as a job. that would probably be the situation i welcome most.

and enlarging my social circle, to meet more interesting, nice, (cute!) people.

i want to be a modern day shaman. or whatever niche currently doesn't exist but is between a life coach, spiritual counselor and therapist. that place is where my skills lay. i don't need rituals. it's not voodoo or magic in the mainstream sense of the word. i can usually talk to someone and get out of them what they need. most people already have the answers, they just need a mirror. they need a way to trust those answers are true to them. i'm good at reflecting the things that come from the spaces in between, finding truth and beauty, pulling these things out like iron with a magnet. it is my life's passion and purpose to help people and reflect. but the thing is, how to legitimize this ability in a world based on material currency, and more importantly, how to establish boundaries to protect myself, and protect the integrity and natural flow of the process. more on this later when i write about my explorations yesterday.