Sunday, January 25, 2004

Last thought for today and I'm off to bed:

My favorite stories as a kid were about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I mean, I obsessively loved them.

Now that I'm older and know that all creative output is a metaphor for something within the artist or the social group that embraces the tale (a cry for help, if you will), then if I love it, it means that I feel that it also reflects something within me, or it voices something I need voiced.

So I was thinking about the whole thing about King Arthur proving himself by being the only one who could pull the sword out of the stone. It doesn't matter that this story is obviously warped from what really happened (be pissed at me, but to be honest, so is the Bible, though I'm not saying it doesn't have quite a bit of value as a guide for people). It's the symbolisms that have been embraced by people, and if it can make it through so many generations, it means that some universal themes can be found by taking it apart. TANGENT! What I'm saying is that there can be many interpretations of this aspect of the legend, but for me, one thing I thought about was the theme of needing a leader and then having the one destined to rule be able to unlock the magic.

So I just thought of it. The thing I want most in life, more than ANYTHING.

I want someone who can listen to me talk, read what I write, and see through all the webs I spin that are hiding who I am and can see me evading all attempts for anyone to see my core. I mean, what if there's one person out there, who can read this blog and understand EXACTLY what I’m saying, understand exactly what I'm feeling, can cut through all the smoke and mirrors, bravado and neuroticisms, and be able to decipher, through the maps hidden within my writing, the path into my soul? Maybe this person is old, young, a man, a woman, someone from a different background, whatever. Could be a relative, friend, lover, mentor, protege, stranger. It's not about sex, or even emotional love or any other dictate of a social construct. It's about the naked connection. Of being known. Truly, completely known. If that person exists, I would do anything to meet that person some day.

And I think it would be amazing to look into someone and just SEE. Everything. The entire universe inside of him.

They say a gemini spends a lifetime looking for his/her soulmate. I think geminis would be a lot more at ease if they realize that the soulmate doesn't have to come in the form of a lover. So you don't have to leave that slot open and put so much pressure on the people who want to sit in that seat. Your soulmate can be an old homeless man who will teach you the biggest lessons you'll ever learn. It can be your future son or daughter. Or maybe it will be your lover. But know that if you keep your eyes open and allow for that connection, you'll find this person (actually, these people because everyone has numerous potential soulmates. But you only need one true connection with one to break open that door to your soul). In the meantime, don't limit yourself by believing your soulmate will only come in the form of a lover. You'll also deny people who would be quite supportive of and beneficial to you in your journey.