Tuesday, December 22, 2009

i made up my mind last night that i was going to ask this guy if he's married after wanting to know for weeks now. but i showed up today and just didn't have the guts to ask. this other guy asked me if i was married though. i know he's interested, because he's attentive and always talking to the other guys about me. a part of me thinks, if a guy is really interested and up for the challenge, he'll approach me, the way this guy has. a woman should never have to chase or fight for that opening. you should be open but you shouldn't have to help a man approach you. because men don't appreciate things unless they earn them in the first place, so it's important to let a man be a man, if he is indeed a man. it's the only way to tell, it's the only way to get what you want. you go out of your way to make it easy for a guy at the beginning, you will be helping him, and holding his hand and accommodating his fragile ego for the rest of the relationship, if it ever goes anywhere. so i have to keep reminding myself that if that guy hasn't approached, he probably isn't interested or available. so then the best i can do, is steer my insides away from him even if they get fixated on him whenever i see him.

there are billions of men in this world. i can't act like there's only one who's ever going to love me. especially when he's made no advances.